Paul Gross news
10th March 2013
Can you believe it?
Murder Most Likely has finally been released on DVD and VHS!
It is available as part of a movie mystery collection from:
For this news, thanks to Carol, who says it's worth it just for this film, even if you never watch the others in this very eclectic bundle!
Paul Gross is backing a new specialty TV channel to be called Starlight: The Canadian Movie Channel. An application was filed with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) on 1st June 2012. You can see Paul (with a new look) talking about Starlight here and if you are Canadian and want to support Starlight, you can submit your intervention to the CRTC until February 27th 2013 at http://bit.ly/starlightCMC. That's less than one week away! More details are in this pdf file.
There's a chance to vote for Paul in the "Fans' Choice for Canada’s Screen Star" category at the Canadian Screen Awards! http://microsite.fan-academy.ca/2013/vote.html Thanks, Fliss!
If you are in Canada, you will be able to see Paul Gross guest star in the new season of "Republic of Doyle" (season 4). Allan Hawco confirmed it on the Facebook page for the show. Thanks, Dee!
- Paul is leaving Whizbang Films, the production company he co-founded, saying that he wants to concentrate his "energies on a few select projects." Read more here and here. Thanks, Dee and others!
- To contact Paul, please continue to use the details provided here for now.
- Here's a quirky little film, narrated by Paul Gross - Wait For Rain.
- Paul Gross Returns to the Battlefield - Bill Graveland, The Canadian Press.
- YouTube viedo - Robert Lantos in an informal interview with Paul Gross about the Canadian media industry (59 mins).
- Will Sings & Arrows Live Again? - an update.
- Gross Encounter at The Music Box - MyKindOfNewYork.com
Here's a message from the organisers of this summer's RCW 139 due South convention in Toronto:
Hello Due South fans!!
If you are interested in attending RCW 139, the only Due South fan convention happening this August, and haven't registered yet, you only have until July 15th to do so! The same applies if you can't attend and would like a supporting membership (goodie bag) and haven't ordered yours yet. We've started to receive some of the goodie bag items and they look fantastic! As we've already placed our orders for most items, this will be first come-first serve - and there are only a few memberships left, whether attending or supporting so don't miss out!
It's going to be an unmissable event with an amazing guest list including Paul Gross himself, who had a blast last time (all guests' attendance is subject to their work commitments)! This is likely to expand even further as we get closer to the event and cast and crew can commit. Added to our wonderful guests (including a private, once in a lifetime concert from the show's music master Jay Semko), we have a jam-packed weekend lined up, with quizzes, competitions, signings, filming location visits, merchandise stands, prop exhibition, gala dinner, charity auction and much, much more!
All the info is on our web site http://www.rcw139.org and you can place your orders on our online, secure PayPal store. We can also advise on where to go for cheap flights and accommodation, including discounted hotel rooms. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention if you're in the UK! Paul's WW1 movie, Passchendaele, will be broadcast on BBC1 on 10 July 2012 at 11.40pm. Thanks, Carole!
- Paul's character Mundie/ Edmund Gowry won Best Breakout Character and Are You There, McPhee? won Favourite Set Design in McCarter Theatre's Fan Favourite Awards. Thanks, Felicity!
- Paul Gross says he is on board if 'Slings and Arrows' returns - News1130. Thanks, Dee!
- Paul Gross: Entire ‘Slings and Arrows’ cast would return - Yahoo News. Thanks, Lynn!
- Paul is The Royal Canadian Legion’s first recipient of the Legion’s Founders Award. Congratulations Paul; and thanks, Felicity!
- Paul Gross still writing his own Hollywood story - Calgary Herald. Thanks, Diane!
- Actors Who Sing - Paul Gross tops the list! Thanks, Shaynie!
- The world premiere of “Are You There, McPhee?” opens at McCarter - Town Topics. Thanks, Dee!
- Photos from the opening night party of "Are You There, McPhee". Several good snaps of Paul! Thanks, Dee!
- 2002 Distinguished Alumni Award video - University of Alberta. Thanks, Felicity!
Are You There, McPhee? official trailer on YouTube - thanks, Felicity!
Production photos on Facebook - again, thanks, Felicity!
- Here's a podcast of an interview with the playwright John Guare in which he has some nice things to say about Paul, towards the end. It's just under 15 minutes long . Thanks, Dee!
- And here's another Are You There, McPhee video, this time showing rehearsal clips. Thanks, Margaret!
Happy Birthday Paul!
Apologies to everyone who was hoping to leave a message in the guestbook today. The website has been moved to a new server and there are still a few gremlins in the works. Fixed!
The website is about to undergo essential maintenance so may go down for a short while during the next few days. Nothing to worry about! Now completed.
- Here's a link to an interview with playwright John Guare that contains a bit more info on the story of Are You There, McPhee?
- And here's an interview with John Guare in which he pays Paul Gross a nice compliment. Thanks for both of these, Dee!
Here's a teaser trailer for Are You There, McPhee?
Paul Gross to head cast of world premiere of Are You There, McPhee? at McCarter - broadwayworld.com Thanks, Fliss!
Paul will be treading the boards again next month in Princeton, New Jersey, in the world premiere of "Are you there, McPhee?" by John Guare. More info on the McCarter Theatre Facebook page and the McCarter Theatre website. Thanks, Symantha!
- There is speculation on Twitter that a revelation on Wednesday night's season-ending episode of Republic of Doyle implied that Paul Gross will be back next season. However, we have been unable to confirm this. Thanks, Dee!
- There's a great (new) review of due South by Lucy Mangan in The Guardian. Thanks, Dee!
The Charter Project has launched its educational campaign about the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms in light of the 30th anniversary next month. Paul Gross is in their English language Public Service Announcements, all available here: http://charterproject.ca/category/video/psa/.
If you're planning on shopping at amazon.ca, amazon.com or amazon.co.uk, did you know that you can divert some of Amazon's profits to help pay PaulGross.org and PG-L hosting fees? Every time you buy something as a result of reaching Amazon via one of the links below, PaulGross.org (which is run by fans) earns a small commission. So please use them as often as you can and add at least one of them to your bookmarks. And tell all your friends!
Thank you kindly!
The results of the Broadway World Toronto Theatre Awards have been announced. Best Leading Actor (Play) goes to Paul Gross and Best Leading Actress (Play) to Kim Cattrall, both for Private Lives. Many congratulations to both! Thanks, Felicity!
- A reminder to all due South fans that there is one week left to register for this year's RCW 139: From A Million Miles convention at a discounted rate All you need to do is pay a $75 deposit to book your ticket. The balance will be due by 31 May. Another seven bookings are needed before 1st February to make this convention happen. David Marciano will be at RCW 139 again, schedule permitting. If you missed him in 2008, 2012 might just be the year to see him!
- Angela writes: "I live in New England and have Comcast cable service and last night noticed that Passchendaele is listed in the On-Demand section under Free Movies/Movieplex. It is on the schedule for several months." Thanks, Angela!
In Australia, the episode of 'Republic of Doyle' in which Paul Gross is the guest star will air on Friday 17th February at 7:30pm on 13th Street (Foxtel Channel 113). Thanks, Erin!
2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | July-December 2007 |