Sadly, Private Lives is to close on Broadway at the end of December. The following has appeared in The New York Times:
"The new Broadway revival of “Private Lives,” starring Kim Cattrall (“Sex and the City”) and Paul Gross, will close five weeks earlier than planned because of weak ticket sales, the producers announced on Tuesday night. The production of the classic Noel Coward play, which opened on Nov. 17 to generally good reviews, will now end on Dec. 31 instead of the original closing date of Feb. 5, 2012." Read more here.
The Mountie puts on his Tuxedo - The New York Times, with a fabulous accompanying photo here. Thanks, Dee and Janet!
And here are some videos from the Press Call. Thanks, Felicity!
We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but Paul has succumbed to a cold and laryngitis. He's missed a couple of performances of Private Lives and may be out for a few more days. Terribly sad for fans hoping to
see him in Toronto. Thanks, Dee, and best wishes from us all, Paul - get well soon!
Update: If you have tickets for Private Lives, you can breathe again - Paul will be back on stage tonight! What a trouper. :)
Paul enjoyed the last due South convention so much (video) that he has expressed an interest in attending RCW 139: From A Million Miles, the next convention, to be held from 17-19 August 2012 in Toronto, Canada. For more information and to register, go to rcw139.org. Early registrations are critical to ensuring the success of the convention!
On YouTube, Paul Gross talks to George Stromboulopoulos about Private Lives and his future film project. Thanks, Maria!
Paul is confirmed as a guest on George Stroumboulopoulos's show this coming
CTV CBC at 11.05 pm. Thanks, Felicity!
Mirvish (producers of Private Lives) have just sent out this tweet...
BIG NEWS! Our next Twitter Party is 10/13 @ 3pm and our guest of honour
is PAUL GROSS! Start sending your questions now using #askpaulgross
So if you're on Twitter (or are happy to sign up) you can submit a question to Paul and read his responses on 13th October! Thanks, Dee!
For UK viewers: due South is being shown daily on Alibi (Sky channel 132) at 1 pm and 6 pm. Thanks, Mary!
There are more great Private Lives pictures here. Thanks, Dee!
- Here's a message from Mirvish Productions: "You can fall in love with Kim & Paul all over again by watching Paul Gross
on *George Stroumboulopoulos* tomorrow night and on *Breakfast
Television* Friday morning, and Kim Cattrall on
*Cityline* Friday morning and then on *George Stroumboulopoulos* Friday
- Jian Ghomeshi interviewed Kim Cattrall on "Q" today (28 Sep). She talked
about "Private Lives" and working with Paul among other things. You can find
the interview here. Her portion of the show starts at 26:00
and goes to 50:05.
- Here is a great video, showing Paul and Kim in character in "Private Lives". And here's another! Thanks for all of today's news, Dee!
- Great "Private Lives" publicity photos of Paul can be found here, here, here, here and here.
- Paul's interview on "The Hour" is on YouTube - thanks, Shaynie!
- Win tickets to see "Private Lives" in Toronto!
- See a short but delightful video of Paul Gross and Kim Cattrall here - thanks, Felicity!
- Audience responses to the first night of "Private Lives" on 16th September - it's looking good! Thanks, Felicity!
- Video of Paul on Canada AM; and on CP24 Breakfast, 22nd September. Click on "video" and scroll down to find the CP24 interview. Thanks, Felicity!
- 680 News radio interview with Paul (9 mins) - thanks, Felicity!
- Registration for the August 2012 due South convention in Toronto, "RCW 139: From A Million Miles" is now open. Read more at http://www.rcw139.org!
the number 3 Channel will be showing due South at 11 am every day except Thursdays and Fridays, starting today. Thanks, Sheeva!
- PRIVATE LIVES tickets (Broadway) go on sale 5th September. Read more.
"Tickets will be available through www.telecharge.com beginning September 5. The playing schedule is Tue. @ 7 PM, Wed.-Sat. @at 8 PM, Wed. & Sat. @ 2 PM, Sun. @ 3 PM. Tickets are $121.50 and $66.50 at all performances except Wednesday matinee when they are $121.50 and $46.50."
On Friday August 19, eStagers can purchase tickets before the general public and SAVE 20% on the following performances: September 16-24. Not valid on Saturday evening, or on premium seating.
PRIVATE LIVES is on stage Sept 16 - Oct 30, 2011
Royal Alexandra Theatre, 260 King St. W.
Performance Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 8PM; Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday 2PM
Call 416 872-1212 or 1-800-461-3333 and quote code MANNERS
- GUNLESS is opening in San Francisco, Seattle and
Philadelphia on 29th July. Thanks, Dee!
- RCW 139 rides again from 17-19 August 2012. The seventh Due South convention will be held at the Marriott Bloor Yorkville hotel in Toronto, Canada. More details at rcw139.org.
- GUNLESS is to open in the US. The theatrical release is on Friday 15th July (that's TODAY!) in New York, Portland, Phoenix, Los Angeles and two other cities (TBA). Thanks, Dee!
- Paul has narrated a short video for The Brain Campaign - watch it on YouTube.
- Don't forget you can now follow @PaulGrossOrg on Twitter!
- Private Lives, starring Paul Gross and Kim Cattrall, opens at the Music Box Theatre on Broadway on 17th November, running until 5th February. Previews start on 6th November. Read more. Thanks, Felicity!
- Discover cutting-edge innovations in science and technology from around the
world with Megaworld 2011, narrated by Paul Gross. The season opener is on 26th July at 8 pm ET on Discovery World HD. Read more. Thanks, Felicity!
- Paul Gross talks about his remarkable teacher, Tim Jecko - Professionally Speaking. Thanks, Maria!
- Buried on Sunday will air in the UK on 7th June at 1.10 pm on 5USA, repeated an hour later on 5USA+1. Thanks, Alison and Wendy!
Murder Most Likely is airing in the UK on Sky True Movies, channel 321, at 7am
on Friday 3rd June (tomorrow)! And the Republic of Doyle 'Family Business' episode, starring Paul, will air in the UK on Wednesday 15th June at 10pm on Sky Alibi, channel 132, repeated an hour later on Alibi +1. Thanks, Wendy!
CTV orders Paul Gross project THE HORSES OF MCBRIDE: "Based on a true story and in collaboration with Canadian icon Paul Gross, THE HORSES OF McBRIDE follows a father and daughter who inspire a community to save two horses trapped on a snowy B.C. mountainside and rediscover their love for a vanishing way of life in the process. Written and directed by Anne Wheeler, the movie is scheduled to begin production in early 2012." - Bell Media. (Paul will not be acting or writing - just producing.)
TORONTO - Actor Paul Gross will join "Sex and the City" star Kim Cattrall in the Toronto production of "Private Lives" this fall and the play will transfer to Broadway in November. More at Canadian Press.
Here's news for Paul's UK fans - the 5USA Channel will be showing Buried on
Sunday (1993) at 4 pm on Monday 30th May.
Thanks, Carole! Oops, it seems to have disappeared from the schedule!
Powerful film about war-caused PTSD makes debut - news from the Gulf Islands in British Columbia about a documentary narrated by Paul Gross. War in the Mind premieres at the Salt Spring United Church on Saturday 7 May at 7 pm, in co-operation with the Salt Spring Film Festival. Thanks, Felicity!
UK viewers can catch Paul's episode of Republic of
Doyle on 8th June at 10 pm on Alibi (Sky 132). Thanks, Mary!
Paul will appear in Republic of
Doyle next Wednesday 6th April, at 9pm on CBC and there's an all-action preview on the CBC website! Thanks, Felicity and Dee!
- Paul Gross is narrating Wait for Rain, a futuristic comedy about James the pitiful office worker who must sacrifice himself to get the attention of the girl he desires - and there's a photo of Paul in action here. Thanks, Felicity!
- Paul features in a couple of Shaw Festival videos on YouTube here and here. Thanks, Angela!
- Passchendaele is playing on the Starz cable network in the US. Schedules here. Thanks, Angela!
- You can see a batch of photos taken during Paul's recent Afghanistan trip here. Thanks, Felicity!
appearance on Republic of Doyle is likely to be in the final episode of Season 2. Thanks, Felicity!
- A sequel to Aspen Extreme? Nearly 18 years after the film Aspen Extreme debuted, the film's writer and director, Patrick Hasburgh, is considering making a sequel. Read more here. Thanks, Dee!
- Paul has recently been in Afghanistan shooting some footage for a new movie with the working title (possibly) of Hyena, although he hasn't actually started writing it yet. You can read about the trip here. Thanks, Felicity!
16th January 2011
- You may remember a year or two ago the Toronto Public Library published a
list of Paul Gross's favourite books. Now it's his wife Martha Burns' turn. If you're
a reader, you might want to follow this link to the Toronto Public Library. Thanks, Dee!
- laraq07, who has a great collection of Paul Gross clips on YouTube, has recently added two new excerpts from Paul's time on the Red Green show as yuppie Kevin Black. Thanks, laraq07!
- Paul's Dad, Bob, who runs the website badlandsbooks.com, recently explained that although Murder, Most Likely and Getting Married In Buffalo Jump are not currently available on DVD, he is trying to source the first and find a distributor for the second. Good luck, Bob, as we're sure there would be a lot of interest! Thanks, Kat!
- Sundance picks Six Canadian titles for 2011 Fest - Canadian Newsfront. "Rounding out the Sundance selections are the Nova Scotia indie thriller Hobo with a Shotgun, produced by Niv Fichman, Paul Gross and Rob Cottrell." Thanks, Diane!
- Look out for Paul making a cameo appearance in Richard J. Lewis’s Barney’s Version. Thanks, Wendy!
- Look out for Paul guest starring in the new season of Republic of Doyle which started on 12th January on CBC. If you live in Canada, catch up on missed episodes at www.cbc.ca/republicofdoyle/. Thanks Felicity!